17.1.11

Random Ramblings and Ponderings

I will be returning to my chapel series this weekend as I've decided to make that a once a week thing. I think too many "anti chapel" (which I'm certainly not but it could be perceived that way) posts in a row would bring on cries for me to be burnt at the stake. Or something equally bad, I'm sure. I don't want to step on too many toes in a row.

I don't have any profound thoughts today, no mind-blowing words. Maybe because the thought of having a blog entry where I'm honest about how I am scares me. If the walls were down, would people still love me? If I no longer protected myself with stone cold boundaries, would I still be accepted? Anyhow, that's the kind of thoughts racing around in my head right now.

And now, I'm going to close with a poem I wrote awhile back. I've been homesick... but rereading this poem reminds me that maybe I'm not truly home. Nor will I ever be.


If home is where the heart is,
then where do I belong?

My heart lies with the women,
who holds her stillborn child
as she weeps for the life that never was

My heart lies with the homeless
who shivers in the cold October rain
as they weep for a place to stay warm

My heart lies with the little girl
who lost her parents to AIDS
as she weeps to be loved once again

My heart lies with the teenage boy
who holds the knife to his wrists
as he weeps for a reason to live

My heart lies with the teenage girl
who was sold into the sex trade
as she weeps for her innocence to return

My heart lies with the children
who tremble in fear when their hear parents
as they weep for a safe place to sleep

If this is where my heart is,
then where does my home reside?

0 replies ^_^:

Post a Comment