22.8.11

Meet the Blogger


I suppose now would be a good time to write out some more info about me.

I go by the nickname Nora, but my legal name is Angelique. I live in Minnesota, but I was born and raised in Ohio. I'm 24 years old and a junior in college double majoring in psychology and ministry, with a minor in communications.

All that to say, my life is pretty busy during the school year. I'm doing some work with the TV studio this year which will be interesting, because most of my training and knowledge lies in radio. I ran my own radio show, The Coast to Toast show, at my previous college. I really enjoyed it, but had to give it up because of health issues. I miss radio like mad, though. I am, however, truck trained and certified with CTV North Suburbs (community access TV in St Paul) but most of what I know is with graphics and sound. I want to learn more about video type work because I am a dismal artist and so I would love for video to become my art form.

I love to sing. I'm a 2nd soprano/1st alto swing, depending on the piece. I'm not doing choir this semester because my life is crazy with school and doctor's appointments. I suffer from a genetic disorder known as NF1 (click the NF1 tag below to read more about it), along with a myriad of other issues. I had major back surgery this summer, and I'm still recovering from it. They say full recovery will take a year if no issues arise.

Musicals are awesome. I love RENT, Hairspray, Annie... if I were to list them all you'd be here way too long *laugh*. Movies are fun, too. I love those 80s movies and early 90s flicks that are so bad they're good. I love watching movies, and falling for the characters... that escape into another realm. I also love to read. I'm currently reading the Chronicles of Narnia for the first time ever, and it's pretty incredible. My favourite is The Giver, with a close second to Tuck Everlasting. I love the Harry Potter series, as well as A Series of Unfortunate Events (I really wish the movie had been better, though for the latter).

I love anime. Love love love. My all time favourite is Fruits Basket. I'm currently working my way through Fullmetal Alchemist, Full Metal Panic, and Ouron High School Host Club. Yes, all at the same time. After this, Negima, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, and Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid are on my list. My favourite off air TV shows include Scrubs, Newsradio, Fraiser, WKRP in Cincinnati, Three's Company, and Family Ties. For current shows, it's mainly How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory. I love video games. I rock the N64 and hope to acquire a Nintendo DS and a Playstation 2. I'm an RPG fan girl, but I also love beating the crap out of things.

My favourite colour is orange. I also love yellow. Colours are important. Song lyrics sum up my life. I quote them, use them as Tweets (what a weird word), use them in Facebook status, etc.

At one point, I would have said my faith is my life. Now, I'm at a point where I'm recreating my beliefs. I believe there is a God, but I am not sure what He is. I believe there is a greater force out there driving us, but I'm not sure how it lives in our lives. I don't know what I am. I'm not agnostic, I'm not an atheist. I hesitate to use the label "Christain" because it holds such a strong many people.

I'll close my about me with a few song lyrics, as they say what I cannot. I told you I like song lyrics!

It just takes some time, little girl
You're in the middle of the ride
everything, everything will be just fine
everything, everything will be alright, alright (Jimmy Eat World - The Middle)

"Sometimes I hear my voice and it's be here...
silent all these years."
(Tori Amos - Silent All These Years)

Things will get better, this I promise you
you won't feel this way forever
Things will get better, this I promise you (and I know)
Loneliness won't last forever
(Spoken - Promise)

There's only us, there's only this
Forget regret, or life is yours to miss
No other road, no other way
No day but today
(Various parts of RENT by Jonathon Larson)


0 replies ^_^:

Post a Comment