23.9.12

hello darkness my old friend

Hello darkness my old friend, I've come to talk with you again
Beause a vision slowly creeping, left it's seeds while I was sleeping
And the visions that was planted in my brain stil remains
With the sounds... of silence. 
- Simon and Garfunkel

I recently came across some details and information that hit me hard. And once again, it traps me in darkness and silence. I don't want to be silent about it, but for now I have to be. And once again, I'm talking with the silence. Once again, my voice goes unheard. And I don't know what to do with that. I don't know how to feel about that.

Details about the past that made me angry, hurt, and confused have left me feeling even more so. While the queestions are answered, the anger rages. WHY is this person still allowed in a position of authority in the church? WHY hasn't anyone spoken out? The answer is simple - if they do. they will be hurt. And I clinch my fists in anger and rage because, just like I was when all this shit hit the fan when I was 18, I am helpless. I cannot do a goddamn thing about it, and it breaks my heart. More people can be hurt, but I have to stand there wordlessly and watch it happen.

I've been asked with all the shit I've dealt with within the church, why I am still a Christian. Why I'm not an outright atheist. Why I even want to go into the ministry.

I know that there are people hurt by the church.
I know that there are people who are standing there in the sounds of silence, unable to speak for fear of what might happen.
And I know that there's another side.

I also have a side passion, but that doesn't fit with this blog entry so I will blog about it later.

One day... I will leave the sounds of silence.

I said, sometimes I hear my voice and it's been here...
silent all these years. 

0 replies ^_^:

Post a Comment