9.9.12

Someday she'll understand the meaning of it all

It's kind of funny - at times people expect me to have so many answers because I'm a Ministry major. I feel that I'm expected to know all this stuff about Jesus, that I'm supposed to have the answers. But the thing is, I have my own doubts and struggles, and I feel that some of them would cause me to be labeled as a heretic. I hate how people automatically assume if you believe something controversial, you are automatically being heretical.

I don't think it's wrong to have beliefs that go against the grain. But I am terrified to make those beliefs known - because they are the cause of so much debate within the Christian community. I think it sucks that I keep silent on what I struggle with in Christianity, for fear of being called out and treated like dirt.

One of the things I personally struggle with is an issue of dogma versus doctrine, and that's where it's hard to speak it. I absolutely believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of the Living God. I believe in the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit and fully believe they all exist. I believe that Jesus died on the cross, was crucified, buried, and rose again.

But there are things I struggle with. And the fact that I don't feel I will be treated with respect if I made them known sucks. Knowing that people won't think I'm a true Christian if I voice some of my struggles, sucks. :(

0 replies ^_^:

Post a Comment