21.9.12

Someone's waiting to love you




To all the unloved;

One day, you will be loved. One day, you will break free of the vicious cycle of abuse. One day, you will find hope, peace, comfort, and joy again. You may scorn now. You may feel like no one could ever love you. If the people who created you can't love you, how could anyone? If your boyfriend beats you, why would you deserve any better? You may scoff and feel like you'll never truly be loved.

I've been there. I know what it's like to cry myself to sleep, feeling lost and unloved. I know what it's like to be alone in the world, to have no one but yourself to look out for you. I know what it's like. I'm no stranger to abuse.

But I also know there's another side. I know that there's another way. And you don't have to be here forever. There are people who want to love you, if you just let them. There are people who want to help you. And if your abuse is "just" emotional? Emotional abuse hurts too. There is never any "just" for abuse. Here is a PSA I did on emotional abuse last fall for a class.

If you are a teenager and a victim of child abuse, please get help. It doesn't matter if it's happening now or if it happened in the past, if you're still feeling unloved and in danger, seek help. Check out childhelp.org . If you are being abused by the ones that claim to love you, young or old, check out thehotline.org

You don't have to live this way forever. You did nothing wrong. You did nothing to deserve it. And one day, you will find someone that is waiting to love you.

0 replies ^_^:

Post a Comment